Monday, January 15, 2007

Life...goes on...

Whenever in a foreign country, with more work for school than ever in your life, there is nothing better to cure your uncontrollable fears...than to worry about you social life...and your entourage.

I realized that a very important thing for me is the environment I live in and the people around me. I can draw so much energy from my surroundings and the people I spend time with influence my mood so much...So I think that the key to my mental health in the next period will be to manage these two things as best as I can...

I started out by wanting to get to know the british pub culture better and having a night out with the girls...bloody hell...finally! ...
I ended up in a spanish place instead, having patatas bravas, tortilla, chorizo criollo and pan fresco. For desert, beer from 3 places around the Globe: Tiger from Singapore for me, Brahma from Brasil for Maria (Italy) and Cusquenia from Peru for Erica (Honduras/US). I liked the peruvian one best :P
...so many cultures to discover in UK...so surprising to me...thai restaurants are next...
...for some reason the 2 british pubs we went to before were closing...

The conclusion (in the middle of my post) is that just because these will be a tough 6 months, that doesn't mean I have to become a nun....and more importantly..I realized that no part of your life has to be "just a phase"...that you let pass without enjoying and exploring. These past few days I have discovered more places and pubs in Notts and talked to more school colleagues than in the 2 months I had previously been here.

Another ground breaking thing: studies can be fun too...today I went to a library with Erica- the ones you can have a very huge cup of coffee and sit around and read books...only we hanged around for 5 hours doing decision techniques coursework...in a pleasant and inspiring sorounding...enjoying a foaming, steaming and yummy cafe late.

And since the people in my house can be a souce of inspiration too..I had my first lessons of french and chinese...and hopefully convinced the girls to do a Hong Kong pictures presentation one of these days...

Never a boring moment...and every once in a while my favourite hobby is to quarrel with Adi about my future...I think one of these days one of us will have a heart attack for sure...:)

Now...what I became so painfully aware of is..is that my Nottingham life goes on with or without me...

...so I can sit in my room all day and pretend to be busy...or I can get back on top of things...and keep up with the rhythm...

...and be ready for whatever comes my way...2 dissertations? bring them on!

...and MoSt importantly...follow my heart in choosing my way and taking decisions.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home