Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Coimbra and the trip to Viana do Castelo (26 Oct)

Today we got a lazy start and strolled some more around Coimbra

Had yummy ice-cream by the river...

This is one of my favourite squares of Coimbra:



Then the bus took us to the lovely Viana do Castelo. We arrived there by night and checked in in the most unique place we could have: the Gil Eannes: a former hospital boat, now a hotel. The place looked so real…even the room we were checked in was called Contagiosos 2.

We had a very pleasant walk and a yummy dinner at a traditional restaurant. There I learned how to eat big shrimps properly and had my first oysters ever in paella.
Day ended in a bar.

…now can you start to imagine me at least 2 kilos fatter…after this whole culinary adventure…

And the best part of my Portugese adventure is yet to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home