Friday, February 23, 2007

London- love at second sight (part 1)

I felt happy today...like a little alien discovering the wonders of London with magical eyes. Except for rain and my wet sox, it was a perfect day. And because I took so many pictures I want to share with you, I will probably spread them over some posts.

I went by Buckingham again to my favourite park: St. James, where I found my friends, the ducks, being well taken care of and fed. The feeling the wild life in this park gives you is amazing and totally relaxing...

...next I went to see Big Ben through a different route than the last time...

...which was through the front of Westminster Abbey...

...and there he was again...small as ever...no offence!

...and here they were again..this time with enforcements...in tents..the anti-war protesters in front of the Houses of Parliament...

...and a war monument for the..women... in WW2...

...I think because of the rain, today everyone was in a bad mood...Somaleese people in front of Downing Street- which you cannot enter because of security-

...and finally!!! I found one of those soldiers that you cannot distract...and had the horse give me a kiss for the photo...:)
...this is what they were guarding....

...in Trafalgar square I found the Admirality Arch...the road under this Arch leads back to Buckingham Palace...

...and finally for now, Trafalgar square. This time I entered the National Gallery for a little while and saw a bit of Raphael, da Vinci, Van Dyck, Boticelli and Van Gogh. I really loved the atmosphere inside. Especially because it's free, there were children sitting on the floor, trying to reproduce paintings, real painters and drawers, being inspired by paintings inside and men and women at peace, lost in some paintings, listening to their stories over the head phones...

...To be continued...next time with places unexplored in the first trip...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home