Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Dilemmas

Does what we do define who we are? Does our title automatically place us in a certain preconception drawer? Maybe so...for most people around us….

What is worse is when it starts to get to our heads as well and we believe that we are defined by it and it alone…Oh, I am a doctor…oh I am a CEO…so I have to behave so and so, have these and these things and people have to treat me in a certain way. I think you all know full well what I mean…

Bad part is that sometimes it is getting to my head too. Oh…I was a Vice-President…now I am just a student and a waitress…which is a phase, I know…Just another one of those phases that living abroad and growing up takes you through. Just one of those phases that got me wondering whether I have what it takes to make it in a professional environment like the one in UK.

But I have learned also that I tend to live for the future and anticipate too much. So I will truely settle for now, for today, for going to the club with the girls tomorrow and to London on Thursday, for living in Nottingham, UK, right here, until the end of June...and I will worry less about what I will do during the summer or next year. It's taking up way too much of my energy, which I have little of these days. From today on, I will become more detached from the future and more intense in the present. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home