Friday, March 23, 2007

Lisboa

After a good breakfast made by Ana, my good friend in Granada, I decided to take a moment and post some pictures from where I have been. I've seen a great deal of Lisbon one sunny day, when Antonio was stuck in MC elections :).

I walked quite a lot..starting with Campo Pequenio...

..onto Liberty Avenue, where I helped an old lady carry her shopping bags home, through some very interesting narrow streets...and then on downtown where the old historical city center is...

...this is one of the market squares that as you go from Libery Avenue towards the street that leads to Commerce Square...if you look left from here, you can see the St. George castle up on a hill top...

...these are trams that make Lisboa famous...because they go up and down hills in the old city center..the drivers are nice...waving to all the turists, but in a tavern, some old lady pointed at a picture on the wall with a tram like this and told me to watch my bag :)...

..this is St. Antonio church...I remember seeing a lot of foreigners here...which made me feel better- I wasn't the only one who was crap in Portugese...

...example of an old little street that made me fall in love with in Portugal...

...this is St George castle...I spent about 4 hours here walking around the place..on the walls and in the courtyards...

...here I went inside a media museum that told the story of the evolution of Lisbon...met some romanians...

...and enjoyed the St George castle periscope. They have a huge mirror on top of the castle that reflects the great views of the city onto a screen in an obscure room. In this way, one can take a 360 degrees tour of Lisbon in 15 minutes. It was an exciting experience.

...at the end of the day I felt relaxed and happy... and I managed to give myself a red nose from too much sun.

...my journey ended in Commerce Square, where I took the metro back.

But my journey in Portugal continued and I had 11 days filled with sun and warmth, thoughts about the future, fun and of course...Antonio :).