Monday, February 18, 2008

Inspiration

What if you could harness the power of the free market to solve the problems of poverty, hunger, and inequality? To some, it sounds impossible. But Nobel Peace Prize winner Muhammad Yunus is doing exactly that. As founder of Grameen Bank, Yunus pioneered microcredit, the innovative banking program that provides poor people––mainly women––with small loans they use to launch businesses and lift their families out of poverty.

I had the chance to see him speak this weekend. And it was truely impressive. I had no idea what social entrepreneurhip can do before. And I had no idea how powerful the idea of a single man can be..the power of a nobel prize winner. A man who is so humble, smart and courageous, who will not just take the status quo for granted. One of the greatest entrepreneurs of all time.

I wish I had the courage to think like that someday. And who knows...maybe I will!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home